Home > Ingenieur Polytechnicien program > Admission requirements
- Candidates must be under 26 years of age
- Candidates must have completed 2 to 3 years of undergraduate studies in Science or in Engineering
- Candidates cannot be French citizens
- Candidates must meet medical defined criteria of physical condition
- Candidates cannot apply more than once
- Candidates cannot have been enrolled in preparatory classes for French Grandes Ecoles, nor in a preparation curriculum for an engineering school within a university in France, nor in a French Grande Ecole, nor in final year of a Master's degree, nor in a doctoral program
- Candidates must have already acquired the recommended knowledge in Mathematical sciences [PDF - 21 Ko]
and in Physical sciences [PDF - 103 Ko]
An excellent command of Mathematics is a key to success
Examples of problems for the oral examination > download the pdf [PDF - 24 Ko]
Knowledge of the French language is not required to apply for admission. The full application process as well as the examinations can be conducted in English.Candidates can only apply once to the competitive entrance examinations to the "Ingenieur Polytechnicien" program.
Admission becomes final after the student has passed an official French language test. This test takes place before the scientific classes start and is organized at Ecole Polytechnique by a specialized institution whose standard is officially recognized by the President of Ecole Polytechnique.
In case a candidate does not reach the minimum score required and if the President decides so, he/she can be allowed by a President's decision to take the test again before the end of the 1st year of studies. In case of failure, he/she is definitely crossed off the students' list.
French-speaking candidates may be exempted from the test.