Home > Ingenieur Polytechnicien program
The Ingénieur Polytechnicien program
Ecole Polytechnique's curriculum provides:
1. A multidisciplinary scientific education at the highest level
2. Courses in the Humanities and Social Sciences
3. Professional know-how, acquired through a series of internships and based on strong scientific background, leading to a career either in the corporate world or in academic research.
Ecole Polytechnique recruits among the best students having completed two or three years of undergraduate studies in Science or in Engineering. Potential candidates must have an excellent command of Mathematics and Physics, which can be testified by the fact that they have received distinctions in Olympiads, in National and International Contests, or passed their university diplomas with honors. In the first part of the program
, general education focuses on multidisciplinary, in-depth scientific training. During this period, a student is required to master at least six different subjects among:
In the second part of the program
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
, students choose specializations among a wide range of domains, spanning from theoretical subjects mentioned above to more applied fields such as Microelectronics, Financial Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering...
Courses are mainly given in French.
Duration of studies
2, 3 or 4 years for international students, depending on the admission date.
- Ingénieur de l'École Polytechnique, a Master degree which corresponds to a multidisciplinary scientific education.
- Diplôme de l'École Polytechnique, i.e. a second Master degree in a specialized domain.